Thursday, February 17, 2005

Is living forever all it's cracked up to be?

Okay, so people often ask the question of "Would you want to live forever?". My answer to that simple question is NO! I see too many problems with living passed all people and even past the end of the earth. That would kind of suck.

So I asked myself another question. If I could live as long as I want, would I? To that I said yes. If I could choose when to end it, that would be much better. Then I started to think...When would I choose to end it? If things were going badly, is that reason enough to end it? If things are not good, they can definitely turn around and get better. So how long would things have to be going poorly for me to give up? The problem is, does time even have meaning anymore if you can live for as long as you want? If things were bad for 50 years in a normal lifetime, that would be a terrible life, but 50 years when you can live as long as you want can be a blip on the radar. So that's my first issue.

My other issue is...Could I handle it if the only way to die is to do it myself? Do I want suicide to be my only option? I know it's definitely not how I want to go.

So after this contemplation, what would I do? I guess it doesn't really matter in reality since I doubt I'll have the option, but if there were the option, I would probably spend so much time trying to decide that I'd die before I made the decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home