Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Does anyone like to think anymore?

So I keep posting deep thoughts and no one leaves comments. I have now opened up comments to anyone instead of just blogger members. Do people not like thinking anymore? Or am I just not expressing myself in a way that allows people to ponder?

I will admit, my language skills are not the best. I cannot always communicate what I want to. Is anyone actually thinking anymore? I actually enjoy sitting and thinking about things. I try to come up with answers to my own questions. If there is evidence to help answer, then I will do research. If not, then I try to come up with my own answers. I logic my way through.

For example, the question, "where do we go after we die?". Obvisously no one can know this for sure. I decided to come up with my own answer. Am I making assumptions when I answer this? Absolutely. Some assumptions must be made to form the foundation of a belief. I remember thinking through the answer to this one. I would come up with an answer, then I would analyze it and find the holes. I then had to rethink it when I found holes.

For me, this is fun. I also know that my brother enjoys thinking like this. We both took personality tests, and it was found that our two personality types combined make up less than 1% of the world population. Does this mean that there are very few people who ponder? Let me know. What do people think about? I personally try to answer any question that has been unanswered while assuming that all of my answers may in fact be wrong. It's an interesting thought. Everything we know could be wrong.

4 Comments:

Blogger bjorn black said...

What kind of personality are you?

I'm assuming you took the Myers-Briggs personality test, right? Let me guess: INTJ? INTP? ENTJ?

I ask because I find personality types quite fascinating.

7:06 PM  
Blogger The Nacho Expert said...

INTJ is my personality type. Very good

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posit is the english word that means "to assume something as truth". I believe you must posit somethings in order to continue an idea. Otherwise you will counter position yourself into a wheel of paradoxial perplexing perpetual positioning....cool, I could write for that dude on "V is for Vendetta", if his name was P instead.

You can also posit that my spelling sucks.. but thats ok, because you have bad hair.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I'd like to say that you are not alone. I feel your pain. No one ever knows what you're talking about. As your mind spins off into a distant relm of thinking, you wonder and anylize everything. You beat a topic to death, taking it apart piece by piece until it makes sense to you. But that's it, isn't it. It'll only ever make sense to you. The second you try to explain it in words you sound like an idiot. Crazy. Well, if you and that 1% of the world are the odd ones out then I supose that's that. Personally, I think that 1% should be the standard. Pondering is a fasinating thing. I think that it is awesome that you can think beyond the limit of most people's comfortable mind capacity.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home