Thursday, January 27, 2005

What makes these movies special?

Okay, so most people are okay with everyone having their own opinion about movies and songs. You can like and dislike what you want and I'll like and dislike what I want.

But sometimes a movie will come out that people will either like or feel that they are supposed to like. In conversations, if someone didn't like it, then they, "obviously didn't understand it". What is it about these movies that makes some think others are inferior for having an opinion that is different than theirs?

This recently happened to me with "Lost in Translation". I did not care for that movie very much. Granted, I did sleep through the second half which probably didn't help much, but I didn't like the first half at all. When I said I didn't like it, people looked at me like I was from a different planet. Why can't I have an opinion about that movie? I'm allowed to not like other movies. What is it about that one and certain others? I just don't get it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's the case, I'm must be from another planet, too, because I stayed awake and paid attention (hard as it was) through the whole thing, and I still didn't like it. It was just a big waste of $10.00.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home